Research programme: phosphodiesterase V inhibitors - VIVUS
Latest Information Update: 18 Sep 2006
At a glance
- Originator VIVUS
- Mechanism of Action Type 5 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Erectile dysfunction; Premature ejaculation
Most Recent Events
- 18 Sep 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Erectile dysfunction in USA (unspecified route)
- 18 Sep 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Premature ejaculation in USA (unspecified route)
- 04 Jul 2002 Preclinical trials in Premature ejaculation in USA (unspecified route)