Stromal cell-derived factor-1Alternative Names: SDF-1
Latest Information Update: 05 Oct 2006
At a glance
- Originator Ono Pharmaceutical; Wyeth
- Class CXC chemokines
- Mechanism of Action Angiogenesis inducing agents; CXCR4 receptor agonists; Leukocyte stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 05 Oct 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for HIV infections treatment in Japan (unspecified route)
- 05 Oct 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for HIV infections treatment in USA (unspecified route)
- 29 Jan 2003 Genetics Institute is now called Wyeth