Research programme: nicotine receptor agonist - EndovascAlternative Names: Angiogenix; Nicotine receptor agonist-liposomal; NRA
Latest Information Update: 14 Jun 2005
At a glance
- Originator Stanford University
- Developer HERMES BioSciences; Stentgenix
- Mechanism of Action Nicotinic receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Cardiovascular disorders; Coronary artery restenosis; Heart failure; Peripheral arterial occlusive disorders
Most Recent Events
- 25 May 2005 Discontinued - Preclinical for Coronary artery restenosis in USA (Implant)
- 25 May 2005 Discontinued - Preclinical for Peripheral arterial occlusive disorders in USA (Parenteral)
- 25 May 2005 Discontinued - Preclinical for Alzheimer's disease in Sweden (unspecified route)