At a glance
- Originator sanofi-aventis
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Antiasthmatics; Propionic acids; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Integrin alpha4beta1 antagonists; Vascular cell adhesion molecule inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma
Most Recent Events
- 26 Aug 2004 Aventis has merged with Sanofi-Synthelabo to form Sanofi-Aventis
- 26 Jul 2002 Phase-II clinical trials in Asthma in Europe (unspecified route)
- 19 Jun 2000 Phase-I clinical trials for Asthma in Europe (Unknown route)