Buspirone controlled release - Biovail
Latest Information Update: 20 Mar 2003
At a glance
- Originator Biovail Corporation
- Class Antidepressants; Anxiolytics; Pyrimidines; Small molecules; Spiro compounds
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin 1A receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Generalised anxiety disorder
Most Recent Events
- 20 Mar 2003 Discontinued - Phase-III for Generalised anxiety disorder in Canada (PO)
- 29 Jun 2000 Phase-III clinical trials for Anxiety disorders in Canada (PO)