Research programme: HIV vaccines - Novartis
Latest Information Update: 13 Jul 2010
At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Class AIDS vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 13 Jul 2010 Development discontinued for HIV infections during 2005
- 20 Apr 2006 Chiron Corporation has been acquired and merged into Novartis
- 19 Feb 2004 Data presented at the 11th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI-2004) have been added to the Viral Infections immunogenicity section