Latest Information Update: 18 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator NitroMed
- Mechanism of Action Alpha 2 adrenergic receptor antagonists; Nitric oxide donors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Erectile dysfunction; Female sexual dysfunction
Most Recent Events
- 06 Mar 2008 Discontinued - Phase-II for Female sexual dysfunction in USA (unspecified route)
- 06 Mar 2008 Discontinued - Phase-II for Erectile dysfunction in USA (unspecified route)
- 06 Mar 2008 NitroMed's nitric oxide-enhancing technologies are available for licensing