At a glance
- Originator Bayer
- Class Antivirals; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hepatitis B
Most Recent Events
- 26 Mar 2002 BAY 414109 is available for exclusive worldwide licensing (http://www.bayer.com)
- 24 Dec 2001 An in vitro study has been added to the Viral Infections antimicrobial activity section
- 24 Dec 2001 A preclinical study has been added to the adverse events, pharmacokinetics and Viral Infections pharmacodynamics sections