Research programme: nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors - Bristol-Myers Squibb/Pharmasset
Latest Information Update: 17 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator Bristol-Myers Squibb; Pharmasset
- Class Nucleosides
- Mechanism of Action RNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hepatitis B; HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 09 Oct 2001 DuPont Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Bristol-Myers Squibb
- 12 Jul 2000 Preclinical development for Hepatitis B in USA (Unknown route)
- 12 Jul 2000 Preclinical development for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)