Research programme: Alzheimer's disease therapies - NicOxAlternative Names: NCX 2057; NCX 2213
Latest Information Update: 16 May 2007
At a glance
- Originator NicOx
- Class Antidementias; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Antioxidants; Nitric oxide donors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 23 Jul 2004 Preclinical trials in Alzheimer's disease in Italy (unspecified route)
- 23 Jul 2004 Data presented at the 9th International Conference on Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders (ICAD-2004) have been added to Pharmacodynamics section
- 17 Jul 2000 Preclinical development for Alzheimer's disease in France (Unknown route)