Latest Information Update: 17 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antineoplastics
- Mechanism of Action Cyclin-dependent kinase 2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Chemoprotection
Most Recent Events
- 22 Jan 2001 Glaxo Wellcome has merged with SmithKline Beecham to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 19 Jul 2000 Preclinical development for Chemotherapy induced damage (Prevention)/Chemoprotection in USA (Unknown route)