Scopolamine transmucosal - AnestaAlternative Names: Oral transmucosal system - scopolamine; OTS - scopolamine; Scopolamine oral transmucosal system
Latest Information Update: 23 Aug 2006
At a glance
- Originator Anesta Corporation
- Class Antiemetics; Antispasmodics; Hypnosedatives; Mydriatics; Tropanes
- Mechanism of Action Muscarinic receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Nausea and vomiting
Most Recent Events
- 23 Aug 2006 Discontinued - Phase-I for Emesis in USA (Transmucosal)
- 01 Nov 2000 Anesta has been acquired by Cephalon
- 24 Jul 2000 Phase-I clinical trials for Emesis in USA (Transmucosal)