Latest Information Update: 06 Apr 2004
At a glance
- Originator The Liposome Company
- Class Antineoplastics
- Mechanism of Action Apoptosis stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 28 Jul 2000 Preclinical development for Cancer in USA (Unknown route)
- 31 May 2000 The Liposome Company has been acquired by Elan Corporation