Research programme: diabetes therapy - Abbott/MetabolexAlternative Names: Diabetes therapy research programme - Abbott/Metabolex
Latest Information Update: 25 Jan 2013
At a glance
- Originator Abbott Laboratories; Metabolex
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 09 Aug 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 06 Aug 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 27 Jul 2000 Preclinical development for Diabetes mellitus in USA (Unknown route)