Dextromethorphan/methadone - EndoAlternative Names: Methadex; Methadone/dextromethorphan
Latest Information Update: 30 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator Endo Pharmaceuticals
- Class Morphinans; Opioid analgesics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action NMDA receptor antagonists; Opioid mu receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Heroin abuse
Most Recent Events
- 08 Aug 2000 Phase-II clinical trials for Heroin abuse in USA (Unknown route)