Research programme: astaxanthin derivatives - Albany Molecular Research/MeraAlternative Names: Astaxanthin derivatives research programme - Albany Molecular Research/Mera
Latest Information Update: 09 Oct 2002
At a glance
- Originator Mera Pharmaceuticals; University of Hawaii
- Developer Albany Molecular Research Inc; Mera Pharmaceuticals; National Cancer Institute (USA)
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 09 Oct 2002 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 20 Sep 2002 Aquasearch is now called Mera Pharmaceuticals
- 15 Jan 2001 Drug discovery agreement between Aquasearch and the University of Hawaii