Research programme: phosphodiesterase IV inhibitors - NovartisAlternative Names: ABE-171; NVP-ABE-171
Latest Information Update: 14 Jul 2010
At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Class Benzoic acids; Naphthyridines; Oxadiazoles
- Mechanism of Action Type 4 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Asthma; Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Most Recent Events
- 14 Jul 2010 Preclinical development is ongoing in United Kingdom
- 24 Apr 2007 Preclinical development is still ongoing
- 22 Sep 2003 This programme is still in active development