Research programme: type 2 diabetes therapy - Metabolex/Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 20 Dec 2013
At a glance
- Originator Metabolex
- Developer CymaBay Therapeutics
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 10 Dec 2013 Discontinued - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 23 Jun 2010 Metabolex enteres into a global development and license agreement with Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals for type 2 diabetes and other disorders
- 17 Oct 2002 Discontinued - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)