Research programme: BACE1 protein inhibitors - Astellas Pharma/CoMentisAlternative Names: BACE inhibitors - CoMentis; Disease modifying Alzheimer's disease therapy - CoMentis; OM 991; OM 992
Latest Information Update: 21 Oct 2014
At a glance
- Originator CoMentis
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action BACE1 protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 16 Oct 2014 Astellas Pharma exercises option to terminate its collaboration agreement with CoMentis
- 25 Apr 2008 Astellas Pharma and CoMentis have entered into an exclusive worldwide collaboration agreement to develop and commercialise products from CoMentis' β-secretase inhibitor programme
- 23 Jul 2007 Preclinical development is ongoing