Research programme: amyloid precursor protein secretase inhibitors - ElanAlternative Names: ELND007
Latest Information Update: 08 Aug 2011
At a glance
- Originator Elan Pharmaceuticals
- Class Pyrazoles; Small molecules; Sulfonamides
- Mechanism of Action Amyloid precursor protein secretase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Research Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 03 Aug 2011 Early investigations for β-secretase inhibitors are ongoing; preclinical development for ELND 007 has been discontinued
- 13 Apr 2007 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 16 Apr 2003 Pharmacia Corporation has been acquired by, and merged into, Pfizer