SotalolAlternative Names: Betapace AF
Latest Information Update: 05 Apr 2007
At a glance
- Originator Berlex Laboratories LLC
- Developer Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Class Antihypertensives; Class III antiarrhythmics; Ethanolamines
- Mechanism of Action Beta-adrenergic receptor antagonists; Potassium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Atrial fibrillation; Atrial flutter