Latest Information Update: 13 Mar 2003
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Naphthyridines; Osteoporosis therapies
- Mechanism of Action Bone resorption factor inhibitors; Integrin alphaVbeta3 antagonists; Osteoclast inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 13 Mar 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Osteoporosis in USA (unspecified route)
- 15 Sep 2000 Preclinical development for Osteoporosis in USA (Unknown route)