At a glance
- Originator Ligand Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antineoplastics; Benzoic acids; Retinoids
- Mechanism of Action Retinoid X receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Breast cancer; Chemoprevention
Most Recent Events
- 14 Feb 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Cancer (Prevention)/Chemoprevention in USA (Unknown route)
- 14 Feb 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Breast cancer in USA (Unknown route)
- 18 Sep 2000 New profile