Research programme: mucoregulators - Genaera
Latest Information Update: 08 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Genaera Corporation
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Mucin inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Lung disorders
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jul 2002 This programme is still in active development
- 26 Apr 2001 MSI 1953 is one of Genaera's mucoregulator compounds
- 28 Mar 2001 Magainin Pharmaceuticals is now called Genaera Corporation