At a glance
- Originator Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Class Antibacterials; Cephems
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Gram-positive infections
Most Recent Events
- 26 Sep 2000 Preclinical development for Gram-positive infections in USA (Parenteral)
- 26 Sep 2000 New profile