At a glance
- Originator Meiji Seika Kaisha
- Class Antibacterials; Carbapenems
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Gram-positive infections
Most Recent Events
- 19 Dec 2002 No development reported - Preclinical for Gram-positive infections in Japan (unspecified route)
- 26 Sep 2000 Preclinical development for Gram-positive infections in Japan (Unknown route)