RWJ 333441Alternative Names: MC 04546
Latest Information Update: 04 Oct 2004
At a glance
- Originator Essential Therapeutics [CEASED]
- Class Antibacterials; Cephalosporins; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Gram-positive infections
Most Recent Events
- 04 Oct 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Gram-positive infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 04 Oct 2004 Essential Therapeutics has closed down
- 19 Mar 2003 This compound is still in active development