At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antibacterials
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Respiratory tract infections
Most Recent Events
- 24 Jan 2001 SmithKline Beecham has merged with Glaxo Wellcome to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 30 Sep 2000 Discontinued-Preclinical for Respiratory tract infections in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 26 Sep 2000 New profile