At a glance
- Originator Wakunaga Pharmaceutical
- Class Antibacterials; Quinolones
- Mechanism of Action DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 17 Oct 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Bacterial infections in Japan (unspecified route)
- 30 Apr 2001 WQ 2944 is available for licensing worldwide (http://www.wakunaga.co.jp)
- 27 Sep 2000 Preclinical development for Bacterial infections in Japan (Unknown route)