Latest Information Update: 26 Oct 2011
At a glance
- Originator Cephalon
- Class Analgesics; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Calpain inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Spinal cord injuries
Most Recent Events
- 26 Mar 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Spinal chord injuries in USA (unspecified route)
- 06 Oct 2000 New profile
- 06 Oct 2000 Preclinical development for Neuroprotection/Spinal cord injuries in USA (Unknown route)