Research programme: lung disorders therapy - Emergent BioDefense Operations Lansing/University of MarylandAlternative Names: Research programme: mucin release inhibitors - Emergent BioDefense Operations Lansing/University of Maryland; Research programme: polycationic peptides - Emergent BioDefense Operations Lansing/University of Maryland
Latest Information Update: 01 May 2007
At a glance
- Originator University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Developer Emergent BioDefense Operations Lansing; University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Mechanism of Action Mucin inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Bronchiectasis; Bronchitis; Cystic fibrosis
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jun 2003 The assets of Antex Biologics and Antex Pharma have been acquired by BioPort Corporation
- 14 Nov 2002 This programme is still in active development
- 06 Oct 2000 Preclinical development for Bronchiectasis in USA (Unknown route)