Latest Information Update: 19 Dec 2002
At a glance
- Originator Sanofi-Synthelabo
- Class Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Calcium channel antagonists; Sodium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Stroke
Most Recent Events
- 25 Sep 2002 Discontinued - Phase-I for Stroke (unspecified route)
- 19 Sep 2001 Phase-I clinical trials for Stroke (Unknown route)
- 17 Jan 2001 Preclinical development for Stroke (Unknown route)