PTI 501Alternative Names: morphine-naloxone
Latest Information Update: 02 Jun 2009
At a glance
- Originator Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Developer Pain Therapeutics
- Mechanism of Action Opioid mu receptor agonists; Opioid receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Pain
Most Recent Events
- 07 May 2002 Enrolment has been completed in a phase II clinical trial in patients with severe postoperative pain
- 11 Oct 2000 Phase-II clinical trials for Pain in USA (Injection)