Research programme: Nitrogen oxide neutralisers - Medinox
Latest Information Update: 29 Jul 2011
At a glance
- Originator Medinox
- Class Thiocarbamates
- Mechanism of Action Nitric oxide inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 29 Jul 2011 No development reported - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)
- 06 Aug 2003 This compound is still in active development
- 12 Jun 2002 Phase-I clinical trial of NOX 700 in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Netherlands (PO)