Research programme: cardiac disease - LarnaxAlternative Names: Cardiac disease research programme - Larnax
Latest Information Update: 20 Jul 2004
At a glance
- Originator Larnax (CEASED)
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cardiovascular disorders
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cardiovascular disorders in Germany (unspecified route)
- 01 Apr 2003 MediGene's cardiac and metabolic disease programme has been spun off as a new company, Larnax GmbH
- 21 Oct 2002 MediGene and Evotec OAI, as GENOVATION, have entered into an agreement to codevelop this programme