Latest Information Update: 17 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Originator ARIAD Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Protein tyrosine kinase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Postmenopausal osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 16 Feb 2017 ARIAD Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Takeda
- 12 Nov 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in USA (unspecified route)
- 20 Oct 2000 New profile