Research programme: nitric oxide synthase DNA-based therapeutics - Cardium TherapeuticsAlternative Names: Ad5eNOS; Genvascor
Latest Information Update: 24 Mar 2010
At a glance
- Originator Bayer Schering Pharma
- Developer Cardium Therapeutics
- Mechanism of Action Intercellular signalling peptide and protein stimulants; Nitric oxide stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Ischaemia
Most Recent Events
- 04 Jul 2007 Preclinical trials in Ischaemia in USA (unspecified route)
- 17 Jul 2002 Schering AG has acquired Collateral Therapeutics