At a glance
- Originator Eli Lilly; Ligand Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Phenylpropionates; Small molecules; Thiophenes
- Mechanism of Action Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hyperlipidaemia; Metabolic disorders; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 23 Mar 2009 Discontinued - Phase-I for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 23 Mar 2009 Discontinued - Phase-I for Metabolic disorders in USA (unspecified route)
- 23 Mar 2009 Discontinued - Phase-I for Hyperlipidaemia in USA (unspecified route)