Research programme: inflammation therapeutics - Vernalis
Latest Information Update: 01 Aug 2011
At a glance
- Originator Merck Serono; Vernalis
- Developer Vernalis
- Mechanism of Action Metalloprotease inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Inflammation
Most Recent Events
- 01 Aug 2011 Preclinical trials in Inflammation in United Kingdom (unspecified route)
- 16 Aug 2010 No development reported - Preclinical for Inflammation in United Kingdom (unspecified route)
- 22 Oct 2008 Vernalis regains all rights to anti-inflammatory compounds identified through a license, development and commercialisation agreement with Serono