Latest Information Update: 07 Feb 2001
At a glance
- Originator Ligand Pharmaceuticals; Tularik; University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics
- Mechanism of Action Cholesterol absorption inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypercholesterolaemia
Most Recent Events
- 07 Feb 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Hypercholesterolaemia in USA (Unknown route)
- 01 Nov 2000 New profile
- 01 Nov 2000 Preclinical development for Hypercholesterolaemia in USA (Unknown route)