Research programme: antibacterials - BioPort/University of Maryland
Latest Information Update: 30 Apr 2007
At a glance
- Originator University of Maryland, College Park
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jun 2003 The assets of Antex Biologics and Antex Pharma have been acquired by BioPort Corporation
- 06 Dec 2002 This programme is still in active development
- 06 Nov 2000 Preclinical development for Bacterial infections in USA (Unknown route)