At a glance
- Originator Ono Pharmaceutical
- Class Phenyl ethers; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors; Metalloprotease inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Endometriosis; Inflammatory bowel diseases; Osteoarthritis
Most Recent Events
- 18 May 2005 Discontinued - Phase-I for Osteoarthritis in Japan (PO)
- 18 May 2005 Discontinued - Phase-I for Inflammatory bowel disease in United Kingdom (PO)
- 18 May 2005 Discontinued - Phase-I for Inflammatory bowel disease in Japan (PO)