At a glance
- Originator Astellas Pharma
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Type 5 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Erectile dysfunction
Most Recent Events
- 12 Feb 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Erectile dysfunction in Japan (unspecified route)
- 11 Apr 2005 Yamanouchi has merged with Fujisawa to form Astellas Pharma
- 28 Jun 2002 This compound is still in active development