Factors VIII and IX gene therapy - Targeted GeneticsAlternative Names: TgAAV-FVIII
Latest Information Update: 05 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator Targeted Genetics
- Developer Targeted Genetics Corporation
- Mechanism of Action Blood coagulation factor replacements; Factor X stimulants; Gene transference
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Haemophilia A; Haemophilia B
Most Recent Events
- 18 Jun 2003 Data presented at the 6th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Gene Therapy (ASGT-2003) have been added to the Haemotological Disorders and Gene Therapies pharmacodynamics sections
- 03 Mar 2003 Suspended - Preclinical for Haemophilia B in USA (unspecified route)
- 03 Mar 2003 Suspended - Preclinical for Haemophilia A in USA (unspecified route)