Research programme: marine anti-plaque compounds - AphiosAlternative Names: Asterias; Marine anti-plaque compounds - Aphios
Latest Information Update: 09 Apr 2008
At a glance
- Originator Aphios Corporation
- Developer Aphios Corporation; Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Gingivitis
Most Recent Events
- 09 Apr 2008 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 06 Dec 2002 This programme is still in active development
- 20 Nov 2000 Preclinical development for Gingivitis in USA (Unknown route)