Latest Information Update: 21 Mar 2001
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 21 Mar 2001 Discontinued-I for Bacterial infections in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 23 Jan 2001 Glaxo Wellcome has merged with SmithKline Beecham to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 21 Nov 2000 New profile