Latest Information Update: 08 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator sigma-tau SpA; University of Rome; University of Texas Medical Branch
- Mechanism of Action Tumour necrosis factor inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Multiple sclerosis
Most Recent Events
- 16 Dec 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Multiple sclerosis in Italy (unspecified route)
- 04 Dec 2000 Preclinical development for Multiple sclerosis in Italy (Unknown route)