Latest Information Update: 19 Jan 2007
At a glance
- Originator Newron Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antiparkinsonians; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Monoamine oxidase B inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Epilepsy; Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 26 Sep 2001 Preclinical development for Parkinson's disease in Italy (PO)
- 06 Dec 2000 Preclinical development for Parkinson's disease in Italy (Unknown route)