At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline; Nonindustrial source
- Developer GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Saponins
- Mechanism of Action Platelet aggregation inhibitors; Thrombin inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Thrombosis
Most Recent Events
- 21 Jan 2005 Discontinued - Preclinical for Thrombosis in United Kingdom (unspecified route)
- 22 Jan 2001 Glaxo Wellcome has merged with SmithKline Beecham to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 30 Nov 2000 Preclinical development for Thrombosis in United Kingdom (Unknown route)