Latest Information Update: 08 Apr 2005
At a glance
- Originator Thomas Jefferson Medical College
- Developer Thomas Jefferson Medical College; TorreyPines Therapeutics Inc
- Class Nootropics; Peptides
- Mechanism of Action Cyclic AMP response element-binding protein stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Mild cognitive impairment
Most Recent Events
- 08 Apr 2005 Discontinued - Preclinical for Mild cognitive impairment in USA (unspecified route)
- 20 Apr 2001 Axonyx has acquired exclusive rights to gilatide
- 30 Nov 2000 Preclinical development for Mild cognitive impairment in USA (Unknown route)